Mega Innovation and Entrepreneurship Event
About DICE: Distinguished Innovations, Collaboration and Entrepreneurship
DICE Foundation, is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization, registered in Michigan, USA. DICE Foundation in collaboration with its domestic and international partners, is pursuing a DICE Program in Pakistan, to foster culture of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the country and transform Pakistan into an innovation-driven economy. The partners of DICE Program in Pakistan are: British Council, ISESCO, FPCCI, NUST , NEDUET , COMSATS, IST, UET-KPK, UET-Taxila, UOG, IBA Karachi, UAF, LUMS, DUHS, NTU, Sukkur IBA University, SMEDA, PSF, ICT R&D Fund. Annual DICE Mega Innovation & Entrepreneurship event is one of the major initiatives of the DICE Program and has been conducted every year since 2007. The idea behind the event is to motivate academia, industry, government, entrepreneurs and expatriates to come to a common platform to showcase innovations and technologies, share knowledge and further collaborate with each other for the rapid development of innovative products, necessary for the socio-economic development of the country. Besides, DICE Mega event, there are several other focused annual events such as DICE Automotive, DICE Energy and Water, DICE Health, DICE Textile, DICE Agricultural & Food Sciences, DICE Creative Arts and Media, and DICE Information & Enabling Technologies conducted under the DICE Program. In addition, there are numerous intra-university events conducted as well. In addition to annual innovation events, DICE Foundation has also launched Innovation centers at several universities to turn concept ready innovations into implementation and commercial ready products and there are several strategic projects currently being worked on the auspices of these centers.
Objective of DICE 2018
• To foster culture of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the country and make it part of Nation’s DNA • To provide platform for academia, industry, government, entrepreneurs and expatriates to interact, share knowledge and collaborate on innovations, commercialization, and indigenous product development for socio-economic development of Pakistan. • To create a positive and favorable image of Pakistan in the eyes of international community i.e. highly innovative and high-tech nation fully capable of developing innovative products and providing high tech services to the rest of the world. • To expedite the process of digital revolution in the country by motivating both academia and industry to acquire, promote and utilize state-of-art digital technologies for the rapid development of innovative products..
About The Event- DICE 2018 Mega Innovation & Entrepreneurship Event
DICE 2018 Mega Innovation & Entrepreneurship Event is one of the major initiatives of the DICE Program and has been conducted every year since 2007. The idea behind the event is to motivate academia, industry, government, entrepreneurs and expatriates to come to a common platform to showcase innovations and technologies, share knowledge and further collaborate with each other for the rapid development of innovative products, necessary for the socio-economic development of the country.
1.1 Who can Participate
• Student teams from any HEC recognized degree awarding university/institute. • Each team can have a max of five members. Each team must have one member from industry. • Each university needs to submit their most innovative projects from various disciplines. • The innovative projects can be from any of the following 4 groups of disciplines:
1.2 Categories of innovations
• Group A: Engineering & Technology, Computer Sciences and Information Technology • Group B: Physical Sciences and Agricultural Sciences • Group C: Arts & Humanities, Business and Social Sciences • Group D: Biological Sciences, Medical Sciences and Veterinary Sciences
• DICE 2018 Mega Innovation & Entrepreneurship Event competition’s submissions will start from 1ST March 2018 to 31 August 2018. • Online registration: dice.iba-suk.edu.pk • In addition all team members for each project much also register themselves and their project on DICE Innovation Portal diceinnovationportal.com
1.4 Project Requirements
• Participating teams will need to submit an innovative project idea, one page project description, and team membership at the time of registration. • Teams should preferably utilize state-of-art technologies/software to design the innovative product concept. • Projects having strong potential to benefit local industry/economy will be given special consideration. • Teams will need to submit a complete project report including business plan prior to the final event before given deadline (report template will be available on the DICE 2018 website). Please make sure to bring a copy of report on the final event days as well. • Teams will be required to display and present their projects on the final day of the event.
5.5 Prizes & Shields
• The three best innovations will be awarded with cash prizes and shields in each category: • First Prize - Rs.100,000/- • Second Prize - Rs.50,000/- • Third Prize - Rs.25,000/-